Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Smoky Beefy Good

So I've had a few days to rejuvenate after a long celebration filled weekend. It was a fun weekend. I was able to make my Caprese Pasta Salad for our guests...they said they loved it!!! But mostly we celebrated.

Last night I went to a recipe I've tried a few times and I think I've hit the jackpot this time; with the few additions this time around.

Start by prepping your ingredients. Chop your veg. Then the meat.

Bacon is so good.

After the bacon is done and the onions have gone on to the land of perfection, start with the beef. This time around I was actually able to find 'round steak' at the grocery store. It was good.

The recipe calls for white wine. I didn't have any...left over...so I used red wine! Works great. I also added a can of diced tomatoes and the juice. The tomatoes bring an allusion of sweetness that complemented the smoky paprika to near perfection. Yeah! One extra addition was about half of a green bell pepper, diced. It was fine, nothing special. I won't go out of my way to get a bell next time; but if I have it, sure I'll use it.

Again, I reserved the finished bacon for garnish. In the past I've cooked the bacon as per the recipe. But crispy bacon simmering in a liquid for two hours...I do not like soggy, thank you very much. So reserve your bacon and use as a garnish please!

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

This has bacon. That's all you need to know.