Monday, October 15, 2007

Ground Cherries


2lbs of tomatillos. For Tuesday night's dinner.

I haven't cooked in a week. I have been a little busy with evening things...book lecture/discussion, work event, wedding, laying like bibb lettuce, moving furniture, etc. So I thought tonight I'd make up for lost time and make two dinners...tonight's and tomorrow's. Well tomorrow's dinner took a bit more time than I expected...and since it needed several hours, I wanted to start it first. And it took a little too long, so I didn't actually get to make tonight's dinner. Bummer. So we had a box of mac n' cheese...it was horrible! Awful! Not again.

So anyway...tomatillos...aka ground cherries. They are of the tomato family. These little fruits come wrapped in a papery jacket that you need to remove. FUN. I roasted these little suckers under the broiler for 20-30 minutes until charred.

Stay tuned for dinner. And I apologize for taking a week break. I have all the meals planned for this week, so I should have several updates.

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

Heh...bibb lettuce.

That's a lovely shot of tomatillos.