Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cinnamon for your chicken...

Cinnamon Chicken and couscous with roasted veg

Last week I made this Cinnamon Chicken. Interesting. I'd suggest a few changes to the recipe, to suit my tastes.

The original recipe is here at Anne's Food.

To start:
*I let my chicken sit overnight with the marinade. Not a problem, will do that again.
*I used chicken breasts as that's what the store had. OK. I might not do that again. The breasts were meaty and easy to eat, but a bit dry.
*I made double the marinade, I had twice as much chicken, no problem.
*I would do the actual amount of salt next time...I think I only did teaspoons. More salt would be better.
*I had the fennel. I won't use it for this recipe again. The flavor just didn't work for chicken, for me. Maybe if I did this with pork, it might work for me.
*And more rosemary. If I would have used more, but my plant is getting small.

Not too bad. The cinnamon was interesting. I would like to make a bit of a sauce to accompany the chicken. The couscous was nice. I made a roasted garlic blend from a box and did roasted vegetables: sweet potatoes, red onions and cherry tomatoes...seasoned with salt and pepper, little olive oil. This was a good side dish. Again, a little dry, so coming up with a sauce will help that all out. Oh, and toasted pine nuts.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I like the cinnamon. I want some of that!

Stef said...

I'm psyched about fall harvest veg season. Must find some squash, asap.

ScottE. said...

PS: The chicken took 50 minutes to cook. I added the sweet potatoes and onions at the beginning. At the 25 minute mark, I added the tomatoes.