Friday, August 17, 2007

Fried Rice

The other night I made Pineapple Fried Rice for dinner again. Tasty. As I said the first time around, once you take a few minutes to prepare the ingredients, the actually cooking time if very short!


I added bean sprouts this time to add a little more crunch/veg to the mix. But something was off...I don't know what it was, but the dish lacked a little something. It was great! But not as great as the first time around. I'm wondering if I left something out of the recipe? I did notice that I treated the rice a little differently. Last time I spread the rice out on a sheet and put it in a warm oven for a few minutes. This time I just spread it out on the sheet. So maybe the rice was feeling a little too fresh this time around? Maybe I didn't have enough soy sauce?

I was just about finished with cooking and thought this composition looked really great, so I had to snap a photo!

1 comment:

Stef said...

That looks so good! I love how pineapple can add such a nice, zippy sweetness to dishes. It's my favorite pizza topping!