Monday, July 16, 2007

Layer it on

Lasagna!

Not really a meal for mid-July. But I have to say, when you're stressed and need something comforting, this works!

The house smelled delicious as the pan baked in the oven. Allow you dish to rest for about 10 minutes, maybe even a few more. This gives the lasagna some time to set up, make it easier to serve.

I've now had this three times in two days. Dinner, Lunch and Dinner! There is no more left... gone now. I'm comforted now, thank you.





The recipe is a little complex and the dish does take some time to prepare. But don't be daunted, give it a shot. I would recommend a few small changes to the layering. Mr. Florence's recipe provides a lot of great tasting filling, but the two times I've made this now, my pan just can't take it. I would recommend mixing the sauce and the meat together and layer that, then the cheese, then another set of noodles. Last night, I was only able to add in two layers of noodles. I think a third would be good. We'll see the next time.

4 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

I actually thought it tasted better as leftover. Maybe it was just more time for the flavors to meld or something?

DC Food Blog said...

I think casseroles always taste better the next day. What was good about Tyler Florence's recipe?

ScottE. said...

I love the spices he uses and how they are applied. As well as the simple marinara.

Anonymous said...

While I loved it Sunday night, I agree with J-Lo. It was so good yesterday at lunch. And filling. I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day.