Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Low Carb Night

Last night I dug into the recipe archives for a little, easy dinner. I clicked on an Asian named dish because I couldn't remember what it was, or when I made it.

Thit Bo Sao Dau--Beef with Green Beans in a Brown Sauce. I don't know if that's a literal translation, so I apologize, but it is tasty and easy. And to make it even easier, I put my lazy pants on and didn't make rice (which I regretted) and just served it up. I really wanted that rice for the rich flavorful sauce. I made the recipe as it's presented in the archives, with the tips I suggested after making it the last time. One new addition. About 1 TB of Hoisin Sauce to the sauce mixture! Good addition. Oh, one more lazy pants maneuver...frozen green beans. Giant had squat for green beans and what they had were terrifyingly limp and blemished. Sad really. The frozen worked very well.

1 comment:

Dancer in DC said...

Flank steak worked well for the beef. If you're cutting it thin, you don't need to make the investment for sirloin.