Friday, September 15, 2006

Roasted Bells

Made a pot of yummy Cream of Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup tonight! Really yummy.

To start the soup, I needed to roast the peppers...and I do that on the top of the gas stove! Wash your peppers, pat them dry and lay them on the gas stove, right over the flames. Rotate as they char and turn black.

Here they are, nearly done. You want to make sure they are turning black, not white or gray, if they are, they are actually burning!


When the peppers are all blacked, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool. This will help the char just slip away. So, clean the char off the peppers, cut out the seed pod, and cut into large pieces for the soup.

SOUP RECIPE HERE!


I really like this soup and hope you all give it a try!

5 comments:

Stef said...

Is this the soup you made at your soup party? It was delicious!

Dancer in DC said...

Yes, it is the same one from the famous Souper Birthday Party for me. LOVE this one.

DC Food Blog said...

That looks divine. What's the cheese?

ScottE. said...

No cheese...you referring to the soup? That's chicken.

Anonymous said...

I love this type of soup -- there's a restaurant here I visit just for this. It's one of those salad bar/pizza bar type places -- nothing's special except the roasted red bell pepper soup. Looks great. Too bad I have an electric stove...