Saturday, September 02, 2006

A bottle of red

Sometimes all you want is a bowl of spaghetti with red sauce. YUM. My only regret for last night's dinner; I didn't make enough pasta. I could have easily had another FULL bowl.

Take a close look at the pasta. That's Barilla's Spaghetti Rigati. Rigati means "ridges." Allows the pasta to hold on to extra sauce. When your pasta is cooked al dente, put back into your large pot and add enough sauce to just coat the pasta. Plate up, then spoon on a little extra sauce. Yum Yum!

Make sure to garnish with some freshly grated Parm! Enjoy a nice dry red wine. I don't know what I had last night but it's the first red I've had in about 6 months and it was so satisfying. Guess the slight chill in the air got me in the mood for the vino!

2 comments:

Dancer in DC said...

I admit I kind of begged for this. Very filling and satisfying on a cool night.

Stef said...

It's definitely fall comfort food weather. I've been eating soup and loving it -- perhaps pasta for me tonight!