Monday, August 07, 2006

Winging It-One Skillet Style

Tonight's dinner was really a throw together and I lucked out by having J-lo stop for one ingredient on his way home.

Ground Turkey Goulash
4 servings

1 TB Olive Oil
1 lb ground turkey
Salt/Pepper
1 TB "instant" onion
1 tsp "instant" garlic
1 tsp Ancho chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 TB paprika
1 tsp oregano
2 TB tomato paste
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced
3 cups chicken broth
1/4 - 1/2 lb small shapely pasta (elbows, shells)

Heat olive oil over high heat in a large pan.

Add the ground turkey. Crumble and brown. Add spices, cook for one minute. Add tomato paste, cook for one minute.

Add the broth and stir to incorporate. Distribute the pasta over the top. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. (Add more broth if necessary, to finish the pasta and have a touch a sauce coating the pasta, so it isn't dry.)

Stir and serve. Garnish with some chopped parsley if you like or a dallop of Daisy.


I really enjoyed this little one pan wonder! I actually forgot the garlic and used a light sprinkle of garlic powder. The "instant" garlic, and onions, you know you have those in your cupboards. This is a great opportunity to use it! And if you don't use the dollop of Daisy, it's a pretty low fat meal.

6 comments:

ScottE. said...

Oh, and I meant to say...this is really a tex-mex sort of goulash. Tasty!

The Kara said...

Good call, Scott, that actually sounds like something even I can make with my low-rent cooking skills. Next time I go grocery shopping, I'll put some ground turkey on the list and give it a whirl!

ScottE. said...

Kara; you have mad skilz!

Dancer in DC said...

I find I prefer ground turkey to beef - it's a bit more versatile and tastes "lighter".

Lady Brandenburg said...

Kara's skillz are mad. She has mad skillz.

The Kara said...

lol - now if only I had made skillet skillz life would be good :)