Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Cookie Collection

Hello all,

In the spirit of the season....ok, whatever, humbug,....I would like to try something!!!

Cookie Collection 2005

Thanksgiving has it's turkey, Easter has it's ham. Christmas has cookies.

And if you know me, you know I like me some cookies, OK!

I have a prize and someone, anyone, everyone is eligible to win it! But I'm not telling you what it is....it's foodie related...that's all I'm sharing!

How do you win?

Send me a cookie recipe that you've made, it doesn't have to be your own, just one that you've made. I will post all the recipes I receive on the blog. I will accept recipes up until December 25. At which point I'll open up the democratic voting process.

The recipe that earns the most "Mmmm, that looks soo good" comments will recieve the prize and bragging rights for the next year!

You ready to Bring It?


Fine Print:
  • *From the time of this post until 1159pm, December 25, 2005, cookie recipes will be accepted.
  • *Anyone is eligible, just send recipes to me at scotteichinger 'at' msn 'dot' com and say you're submitting a recipe for Cookie Collection 2005. Forward this post to friends & family, the more the merrier.
  • *In the instance of a tie, the competing cookie recipes will be placed in the "Cookie Jar of Death" for a 'to the finish' battle, the cookie recieving the most votes at that point will be declared the winner.
  • *"Votes" will be accepted from 1159pm, December 26, 2005 until 1159pm, December 31, 2005.
  • *To prevent fraudulent voting, I'm contracting Diebold to come up with a foolproof voting system.
  • *The recipe doesn't need to be your own creation, just one that you have made (with or without help of a mom or grandmother), provide tips & suggestions if you have them.
  • *There are only two people not eligible to win the prize, but they are eligible & encouraged to submit recipes. (That's me & DancerinDC)
  • *You can submit as many recipes as you like, the more the merrier!
  • *To recieve the prize, you will need to submit, privately to me, your address.
  • *Questions? Comments? Snide Remarks?

To get you started on ideas!


*!*!*!*!

11 comments:

Emily said...

Do biscotti count?

DC Food Blog said...

It's already been brought'en.

Brunette said...

Consider it brung, mi amigo.

Are we limited to just one submission? I have one family recipe, and another that's... well... delicious in a different way.

Dancer in DC said...

What? I have been shafted!

Lady Brandenburg said...

I have the same question - can we submit more than one recipe...?

ScottE. said...

submit as many recipes as you like! the more the merrier! but you can only win once.

J-lo...you can win...but you won't get the prize! Sorry. That's just the way it is...baby!

Em: biscotti will count!

Emily said...

If J-Lo wins but can't have the prize, I'll take it off your hands. It's really the least I can do for such good friends! ;)

Anonymous said...

I do love a challenge!!

Anonymous said...

If only I had the recipe for those yummy Girl Scout Samoas (shameless plug)!

Rachael Narins said...

Hi!
I think you should post this on StickyDate...

http://stickydate.blogspot.com/

Everyone loves a cookie exchange!

FJKramer said...

I found out about this on sticky date but their link to you didn't work. I searched blogs to find you. You might want to check and make sure the link is correct.

cute idea, if I have time, I'll try to participate.