Monday, September 05, 2005

Homegrown!

This summer, I had the privledge of growing three tomato plants on my patio! And several basil plants. I've used the basil all summer long. What a joy! The tomato plants, did really well, but not GREAT! When is was said and done, I got two tomatoes from the plants. Small tomatoes!

















Here is a side by side comparison...to a fake lemon!





















But here is the end result! We snacked on

Tomato, Basil & Mozarella tonight!
Homegrown tomatoes and homegrown basil!



Jealous?


@

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I murdered my basil plant this summer. :(
But just picked up some fresh tomatoes from my parents' this afternoon. Also very small. I think it was a bad year for tomatoes, as dad had very poor luck with his plants. The mozz is making my mouth water, tho. Yum!! Yep, that part is making me jealous!