Thursday, September 08, 2005

2 of 3 new recipes

Over the past week I have received three recipes from readers who wanted to pass along recipes they have had or from their own friends saying they were great recipes. So for my own readers, I want to pass them along to you. Enjoy and be sure to post comments so the original reader can see what you think and can pass it back to the creator of that recipe.

PS: I have not had any of these yet, so the recipes are being posted as sent to me.

Trader Joe's' Style Cookies

Hey everyone,

If you've tried the Zen's cookies from Trader Joe's, they are really good! But 6 cookies for $4.00 is pretty steep... so I've found a recipe pretty close!

6 tbs Margarine (softened)
1/4 cup fat free sour cream (or plain yogurt)
1 egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups cooking oats
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 raisons or craisons (dried cranberries)
1/2 cup nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Beat in brown sugar. Mix in combined oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix in raisons and nuts.

Drop as much dough onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. (The cookies won't get much bigger, they pretty much stay the same size). Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes (if you make larger than 2 tbsp, may take about 16 minutes or so).

Calories: 100
Fat: 3 grams

Some of my personal variations:
I used old fashioned cooking oats and it turned out fine.
Also tried with Craisons and Raisons both, and I like the Craisons betters
Walnuts for the nuts works great! (and you can buy already chopped)
I used whole wheat flour and it turned out really yummy.Also doubled the recipe and used half splenda and half brown sugar and it turned out good too!

~~~Forwarded to Eat With Me by SO.CAL. Becca

No comments: