Sunday, August 27, 2006

A breakfast burrito

For breakfast this morning, I had a mission...use up some stuff in the fridge before it goes bad.

I decided to make a Breakfast Burrito with Sausage and Peppers.

In your skillet, saute and brown some loose sausage. I had 1/2 pound that I needed to use. When all was said and done, I only used about a 1/4 of a pound. When the sausage in done, remove to a paper towel lined bowl. Drain fat out of the pan and wipe clean.


Place the pan back over a medium high heat. Melt about 1 TB of butter and add a handful of diced green & red peppers and some onion. Saute until just tender. Season with a pinch of salt.


In a small bowl whisk two eggs with 1 TB of water. Add to the skillet with the peppers and onions. Gently stir until the eggs have come together into a soft curd. Add the sausage.


Remove from heat.

Add to a toasted tortilla. If you like, you can garnish with sour cream, salsa and cheese. Fold up and eat. This is the second time I've made the breakfast burrito. The last time I used the leftovers from the Sirloin Tacos with Roasted Tomato Salsa. YUM.

2 comments:

Lady Brandenburg said...

Gee, you know, I hardly remember a time when you didn't have great pictures with each of your recipes. Have I told you lately that I LOVE pictures with your recipes?

Dancer in DC said...

Clearly this is in a different league from the so-called burrito at McD's.